The Columbus area has so much to offer. Here is a sample:
1. Eddie Merlot’s Steakhouse
- Across the driveway from the Hilton, this is one of the most gorgeous restaurants in the city and a steak lover’s paradise. The interior has won awards for concept, and the attentive service is highly praised. If you love steaks, you’ll be delighted with the meal you have here.
2. Mitchell's Steakhouse
- Located just a quarter of a mile from the Hilton, Mitchell's is a Landry's Group restaurant. This small, quaint spot is a personal favorite hangout. Recently added to the staff is a nationally renowned chef. As a result, the menu is being overhauled and improved daily.
3. Polaris Fashion Mall
- Walk across the street from the Hilton to a mall with an eye on fashion. Featuring Saks Fifth Avenue, the variety of stores at the Polaris Fashion Mall is endless. In addition to the shopping opportunities, two great restaurants are an upscale Asian place, Molly Woos, and a fun Italian place, Brio’s.
- From the mall website:
“Polaris Fashion Place is considered a major shopping mecca in Central Ohio. A variety of premier stores including Von Maur, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, J. Crew, Express, Swarovski, Pandora and the Limited make this two level mall a bustling destination shopping area. A $45 million outdoor lifestyle center was added in 2009. Anchored by Barnes & Noble, Destination Maternity and an expanded Forever XXI, the lifestyle area features dining and entertainment at Benihana, Dave & Busters with patio dining available at The Pub, Cantina Laredo and The Cheesecake Factory.”
4. The Refectory
- One of Columbus's most cherished dining experiences, The Refectory has won nearly every award imaginable in its 35 years. Wine Spectator, Zagat, and Open Table tout just a few of their accolades. The Refectory features classy French food and excellent service, but their ambiance is truly unique. Built in a church from the 1800s, the interior is spectacular. Reservations are a must.
5. Within about a 1 mile radius from the Hilton, there are additional quality restaurants we recommend for great food in a more casual atmosphere:
- the wood fired "Firebird"
- Matt the Miller’s Tavern
- Carfagna’s Kitchen, a delightful, family owned, Italian restaurant
- 30 restaurants on Polaris Parkway
6. Easton Town Center
- Columbus's most popular shopping area, located about 6 miles away from the Hilton, the Easton Town Center provides the place for an all-day shopping spree. Shops open at 10:00 am, perfect for a few hours of shopping, grabbing lunch at one of the many restaurant offerings, then getting back at it!
7. Columbus Museum of Art and Pizzuti Collection
8. Franklin Park Conservatory
- Enjoy Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens and discover beautiful indoor and outdoor gardens, dynamic exhibitions, artwork and more. Housed in an outdoor glassblowing pavilion, the Hot Shop features daily demonstrations by master glass blowers as they gather molten glass and transform it into a finished piece of blown-glass artwork. The Conservatory is family friendly and accessible.
9. The Columbus Zoo
- Made famous by the colorful director, Jungle Jack Hanna, the Zoo’s milestones are too numerous to mention. Their conservation efforts are first rate, boasting of the world’s best breeding programs. Through this program, there are an assortment of incredibly rare animals at the Zoo. A favorite for young and young at heart!
10. Short North Arts District
- Known as the “art and soul” of Columbus, the culturally rich Short North Arts District is a pioneer in the urban revitalization of Central Ohio. Visitors are invited to explore our vibrant neighborhood known for its wide variety of amazing art, dining, nightlife, fashion, home décor, and unique gifts.
11. Hocking Hills
- If you like the outdoors, this is the place for you. Enjoy canoeing, kayaking, horseback riding, rock climbing, mountain biking or a driving tour in beautiful countryside and rolling hills.
12. Ault Park Concours D ’Elegance
- For those interested in coming to Ohio early, the week before our event the Ault Park Concours will feature Ferrari. The show is held in Cincinnati on Sunday June 12. The third oldest Concours in the US, the show has a reputation of being the friendly Concours with a collection of amazing cars and motorcycles set between beautiful gardens of a city park. .
13. German Village
- Herzlich Willkommen! A hearty welcome to German Village, Columbus' premier downtown neighborhood and one of the preeminent historic districts in the United States. German Village is a 233-acre historic residential district with homes and shops from 1840’s to 1890’s. The Visitor Center offers a brief introductory video about the settlement of the area, maps of the neighborhood and a gift shop. Stop at Katzinger’s Deli, Dirty Frank’s or Schmidt’s for lunch to fuel your tour.
- 588 S. Third St., Columbus, OH 43215. Call 614-221-8888